As Concierge/Receptionist you will oversee all aspects of running day-to-day duties of the reception area and assist the Accommodation Manager with their daily tasks.
In this job you will need to be friendly, approachable and professional at all times. You will be the face of Portergate and will interact with the students every day so you will need to be enthusiastic and communicate well, with a sensitive and diplomatic approach. You will also need to think on your feet, solve problems quickly and work independently and efficiently.
Skills and Qualities:
- Well presented
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good IT knowledge
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Solve problems quickly
- Good organizational skills
- Prioritise workload
- Have reasonable knowledge of Health & Safety and Security
As Receptionist/Concierge, your tasks would typically include but are not limited to:
- To be the first point of contact for residents and visitors at “Riverside”.
- Have a professional telephone manner.
- To be the first port of call for any issues that arise, logging and dealing with any queries or complaints.
- Assist with any enquiries that come through and update the enquiries spreadsheet.
- Look after the welfare of students and, where appropriate, liaise with the Management Company and University.
- Obtain and log all details of the students including all emergency information.
- Respond to emergencies and contact appropriate parties when needed.
- Assist and conduct ‘move in’ and ‘move out’ residents and ensuring all relevant documents have been obtained.
- Assist the Accommodation Manager with the back office filing.
- Ensuring we have all documentation in from student that is necessary and chasing when necessary.
- Maintaining the resident record system and cross referencing all details to ensuring all information is correct and up to date.
- Receive post and distribute as well as log parcels and accept deliveries.
- Able to handle petty cash and fill in appropriate forms and ensure it is correct.
- Book, order and obtain payment for any extra services required by the residents such as private cleans, laundry, printing etc.
- Complete and update all logs i.e. overnight guests, loss of keys etc. daily or as necessary.
- Ensure that the reception areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Supervise and undertake, when necessary, periodic checks of communal kitchens, bedrooms, communal grounds and bin store and keeping track of those findings.
- Periodic checks of key fob logs – investigate any anomalies / concerns and report as well as administering new key fobs.
- Arrange for maintenance and housekeeping to attend to any issues.
- Supervise housekeeping, maintenance, external grounds maintenance, refuse collection, window cleaning and security staff to ensure smooth running of day to day activities within the building.
- Ensure daily routine jobs are completed as well as liaising with the Head Housekeeper to get a daily update and their jobs.
- Post information notices for the students.
- Assist with the issuing of notices to students in respect of non-compliance of house rules and regulations and tenancy agreement.
- Maintain log of broken or damaged appliances and liaise with Management Company/ Letting Agents regarding these.
- Assist with marketing student accommodation, helping with the social media and by way of publishing a regular student newsletter.
- Ensure you have knowledge of all office procedures.
- Maintaining the important contact list making sure all details are up to date.
- Overlook the CCTV and ensure security is effective at all times.
- Ensure Health & Safety is considered in the day to day running of the business and accommodation.
- To be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Any other relevant tasks that may be necessary to assist in the business.
Salary – to be discussed at interview.
If you would like to be considered for this role, email your CV to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line. No recruiters please.